ONE GONE ANOTHER COME FOR DD

Written By Unknown on Monday 7 May 2012 | 05:37


Pretty sure I'll be opening for Delhi - Warner

David Warner has said he is likely to open the batting with Virender Sehwag in Delhi Daredevils' remaining games this IPL season. Mahela Jayawardene has been opening with Sehwag but is likely to drop down to accommodate Warner, who is likely to replace Kevin Pietersen in Daredevils' line-up.
"I am pretty sure I'll be opening up with Viru and will try to continue the success we have had in previous years," Warner said. "Be it me or Mahela batting up the order, it's going to be an opportunity for either of us to keep scoring runs for Delhi."
Warner missed the first half of IPL because he was part of the Australian squad in the Carribean. During this period, Daredevils won eight out of ten games and Pietersen played an important role, scoring 305 runs.
"Things are going really well, it's a good opportunity for me to come in while the team is going well. I'll keep executing my skill and help the team as much as I can," Warner said. "Kevin played well while he was here and did a fantastic job for the boys. I hope I can fill up his spot and help our team to keep the number one spot."
Warner, who has played 31 games for Daredevils and scored 769 runs at a strike rate of 128.38, said he was not worried about making a switch from Test cricket to the Twenty20 format.
"Twenty20, people think it's all about swashbuckling cricket and keep hitting every ball for four or six but it's actually strategy, you got around 120 contests to think about. You got to try to beat the bowler as much as you can and you are trying to get a run of every ball and that is exactly what I'll try and do. Obviously in Test cricket you got to pick the right ball, but now I am back to T20 cricket and I am looking forward to continue scoring runs for Delhi.
"If it's in my zone I am going to hit it and if not I will try to go off strike. That is the role I have been playing and that is how it will be this time also. If Viru is going I'll keep rotating the strike but if it's in my zone I am going to go for it. I'll continue to play my natural game."
© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

0 comments:

Post a Comment